Your child deserves consistent, quality public education. South Carolina Virtual Charter School empowers students to learn anywhere in a safe and structured online environment giving you confidence in your child’s future.
SCVCS Vision Statement
South Carolina Virtual Charter School, a highly effective public virtual charter school, utilizes a research-based, world-class curriculum to provide an individualized, rigorous, standards-based virtual education to students in the State of South Carolina.
SCVCS Mission Statement
To improve student educational achievement through the provision of an individualized, rigorous, standards-based virtual education to students in the State of South Carolina.
SCVCS provides a virtual education opportunity for students in grades K through 12 in each county and district throughout South Carolina. A growing number of students learn in non-conventional settings. Many students choose to seek other opportunities due to medical hardships, the need for academic assistance or the desire to advance, social anxiety, or the wish to excel academically.
The mission of SCVCS is to provide a rigorous standards-based education to those students who seek the virtual option.
A one size fits all is an antiquated approach that has never adequately served the student population. With the advances in technology, SCVCS provides an online option that is rigorous, standards-based, and managed by long-time South Carolina educators. All courses are vetted by the South Carolina Department of Education to ensure strict compliance and matching of grade and course level standards.
Veteran South Carolina educators with online training and experience provides live class sessions, tutoring/assistance sessions, individual conferences, and general oversight of the student’s progress. SCVCS monitors student achievement and growth to ensure that all students are provided the opportunity to master the classwork assigned and progress appropriately toward graduation.
Virtual education provides an option for a growing number of students throughout the state and allows the student to have some degree of ownership and flexibility in his/her education.
The South Carolina Virtual Charter School (SCVCS) is a virtual, tuition-free public school chartered by another authorizer in 2008 and The Charter Institute at Erskine in 2018.
- South Carolina Department of Education
- Cognia (gold standard for schools)
- NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association)
- Alliance of Public Charter Schools
- South Carolina Association of School Administrators
Our school has been locally owned since 2008.
What Makes SCVCS Different
Why is SCVCS different from other virtual schools?
- SCVCS is the highest performing virtual school in South Carolina.
- Our SCVCS students, highfliers, and struggling students experience academic success at SCVCS.
- SCVCS uses an approved SC curriculum not a national curriculum.
- SCVCS offers tutoring and learning assistance to all students.
- SCVCS offers Career Pathways for high school students
- Honors classes offered at the Middle and High School level
- Daily online live classes are offered in real time by highly qualified, fully certified teachers who live and teach in South Carolina.
Why Enroll at SCVCS?
- We provide a competitive, tailored education experience
- We provide live instruction in real time
- We have been approved by NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) which allows any athlete the ability to transfer their high school credits for Division I and II collegiate athletics
- We offer a wide variety of courses, including world languages, honors, and AP
- Our dual credit program enables qualified high school students to earn college credits on select courses toward technical schools and 4-year universities
- We offer career technical education courses (Personal Pathways) for high school students who wish to get a head start on preparing for a career or college
- Students may also participate in social outings, field trips, and extracurricular clubs
- Follow a variety of career pathways
- All of our administrative staff members have multiple years of experience in administration with advanced degrees
- You can take vocational classes and will be career ready
- We only hire certified teachers with 5+ years of experience
- We are a free public school education entity
- We are historically the top performing virtual school on state assessments
- SAT and ACT scores rank highly in the state of South Carolina
- Highly trained teachers who are familiar with online teaching
- Our students get a South Carolina high school diploma issued by the Department of Education